May 24, 2011

New Video: “Brand New Key”

Thanks to the infamous baby commercial by the Hp ePrint, I couldn’t get this song out of my head. The song is almost as cute as a traveling baby in a walker dodging traffic. I’m sure that’s not legal, so instead of reenacting the baby scene, I just stuck with this cover tune by Melanie called “Brand New Key”. ENJOY

Jim January 22, 2012 at 2:15 pm

A pitch-perfect cover of the original “Brand New Key” by Melanie! Better than the original, even. Cute smile right before the end of the video, too!

I am quite sure that the baby from the HP ePrint commercial is a professional traffic dodger, and that you should not attempt this.

Sheila July 11, 2011 at 4:38 am

Hi, you have a wonderful sound in your voice. Incredible jolly music and with funny videos. I start to smile as soon as i here your music. It’s SUPER! I hope you are able to make a cd wich we can buy here in Europe as well… I will be the first in line!! :) Good luck.

Lova Michelle June 13, 2011 at 8:02 pm

You are just AMAZING! Loved WM and just discovered “Brand New Key”. Brilliant! If you are ever in Florida, look us up for gigs. We would love to play a show with you. Best to you and your dreams!
Lova (Elysian Sex Drive)

Will Morrison June 5, 2011 at 9:03 am

Love your music and your voice! Your style is SO unique. And to steal from another persons comments, you do have a glowing personality. Please keep it up, I’ll be listening for you on the radio…..

Rick T. June 4, 2011 at 11:44 pm

I was around for Melanie’s original on this – it was a huge hit amid all the psychedelic Woodstock sounds of the day. You’ve done it justice and given it what she intended, an innocent, homespun sound. I’ve been sending people (my age) to your site because you are fresh and new and we love it. I described your music to someone as being like waking up to the smell of fresh cut grass on a warm summer day, you can’t wait to see what treats the rest of the day has in store. You go girl.

Manish June 3, 2011 at 11:19 am

Hi, i just can’t get enough of “People of walmart”….your voice is do good….and you are a very good performer…I wish a great success to you…and yes, thanks for your lovely music :-)

Manish June 5, 2011 at 1:05 am

listening to the song “Brand new keys” for past 1 hour and still wanna listen to it…very few songs have that kind of grip on me…thanks a million for it…

- Link
David Hibert June 2, 2011 at 12:16 pm

You are so unique. Please, as you reach your fame, stay the good kiddo that you are and don’t become one of those Lady Gaga, or Britney types. I listen to mostly Christian Music but also enjoy antything clean that is fun to listen to. When you come to within 100 miles of Houston, I will take the family to see you play.

dave June 1, 2011 at 2:04 am

Saw u from a post on fb. Great voice…reminds me of a fresh/updated nancy griffith. I know nashville/franklin has alot of talent, but u r up there at the top. Keep being creative!

Jose' Valiente May 31, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Found a link to your People of Walmart video, then I clicked on your personal link. You are an incredible entertainer with a wonderful and unique voice. I enjoyed your songs and videos. I downloaded your songs on amazon. Sent your link to friends and family. And yes, I did subscribe and it made me good inside!

Yoli May 31, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I love your voice and hope to see more of your work available mainstream.

Des Dana May 31, 2011 at 6:06 am

I need more of you! You’re adorable. And your voice is beautiful and so original. I think I’ve told at least 500 people about you in the last day or so! And lets be honest, the WM is HILARIOUS, but at the same time you are an incredibly talented singer! I love your stuff! And I do feel good inside because I did subscribe! :)

Tom May 29, 2011 at 1:00 pm

WOW! I’m 37 years old and I haven’t heard ‘Brand New Key’ since my Mom sang it to me as a little kid. I thought it was just some song she made up. That was amazing!!!

Workshy Fop May 29, 2011 at 1:59 am

Fantastic! I first heard you singing in the Walmart vid, and was mesmerised so had to find out who you were. You’ve got a beautiful voice and you’re a wonderful performer, keep up the great work :)

flint May 28, 2011 at 11:54 pm

awesome, i’m a new fan, you’re tons better than crap on the radio keep it up!!

Chris May 28, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I can’t stop telling people about you and your songs. They got stuck in my head all day long at work and it was one of best days I’ve had in a long long time!

Robert May 28, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I think I’m in love…

L A May 28, 2011 at 7:11 pm

you are just so lovely!!
I tripped onto your page by FB, and was amazed
at the talent and beautiful voice you have.
You will be a huge star someday, but you are already
a star to me!
Peace

Tommy James May 28, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Jessica I recently discovered your stuff. You are so cute and have an amazing voice. I also read people want you to do American Idol… DON’T SELL OUT TO THOSE CLOWNS! love ya!

tim May 28, 2011 at 3:41 pm

great voice,great singer..love the walmart song!! funnest video i have ever seen.

Michael May 27, 2011 at 4:39 pm

“”"Longtime fan of Melanie, amazed at how wonderfully you’ve refreshed her song & done it & her such honor & justice…

“”"Lookin’ forward to perusin’ your videos here & hope to hear more from you in the future…you’ve a beautiful voice & great sense of humor. The world needs you. “Bliss*

roy björk May 27, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I love you and your provocative music

Joshua Glover May 27, 2011 at 12:44 pm

A friend posted People of walmat on her FB, being a musician I was blown away by your voice and musicality. Had to hunt you down.. Great talant, but more so great energy and glowing joyful spirit.. Thank you Jess…..

Joshua

popeye May 27, 2011 at 4:46 am

very funny, would love u to send me more, n what did wallmart think of it n the people in your video ? (just curious)

Tom Rasmussen May 26, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Every now and then a cover will be much better than the original. This is one of those times. I find the original obnoxious, but your version is wonderful.

Mathilde May 26, 2011 at 3:40 am

your videos are even watched in France and Czech Republic, and we love it!

Jessica Frech May 30, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Ahhh! How cool… now i feel pressured to learn a song in French (hmmmm…).

- Link
Bryan May 25, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I enjoyed the song and the props!!!

David Connell May 25, 2011 at 5:12 pm

ukute. keep it up.

Hawaiian guy May 25, 2011 at 12:56 am

You’ve got a great voice and are a very talented musician! I’m a fan. Is that a Lanikai ukulele you are playing? What model is that?

Jessica Frech May 30, 2011 at 8:23 pm

It is!! It’s a Lu-21TE

- Link
Issac May 25, 2011 at 12:45 am

I have to agree, you do a much better than Melanie… love your style! Have been listening to your music all day. Waiting for your CD ;)

Ryan May 24, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Love your voice and style. Really enjoyed listening to your songs. Looking forward to more originals from you!

David M May 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm

You have a great voice and I am looking forward to hearing you on the radio one day.

Lurker Tah May 24, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Great job on the People of Walmart song. Your other songs, which I’ve just listened to, are great as well. Good talent + PR is about to make you an internet rockstar. Congrats!.. You didn’t even have to be tazed or anything to do it!

Larry Muse May 24, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I like your cover better than the original, people of walmart is a roaring hoot also.
Keep on writing music, you obviously have a great deal of talent.

sam t. May 24, 2011 at 11:37 am

I love the stuff you do! It’s very creative and makes me laugh :)

Clay Blackwelder May 24, 2011 at 10:02 am

I think you’re very talented and loved the words to “People of Walmart”. Your voice is very pretty… any CDs out there?